Yesterday I was scrolling through and came to the realization I’ve been blogging since 2006. A lot has happened in these last 8 years. I relocated a few times. Changed jobs. Went through brilliant times, tough times. Made friends. Lost loved ones. Learned new things. Left some of the bad things behind, and in the process I moved on as a person.
Despite it all, my blog has always been here. Despite the occasional long periods of neglect. And together with my blog, the people that came across it intentionally or by accident.
So shortly following this moment of realization, it was great to find out that my blog had been nominated by Nad for the One lovely blog award.
So… Rules first…
– Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
– Display the One Lovely Blog Award on your blog.
– Share seven things about yourself.
fifteen bloggers you admire. Inform them by commenting on their blog.
1. My favorite instruments are the guitar and the piano and I can play both.
2. …of my favorite movies of all time are 2001: A space Odyssey and Good will hunting.
3. I took my first photograph at age 3 (a picture of my parents).
4. The first time I saw snow was at age 25 after moving to Germany.
5. Despite being Portuguese I can’t stand temperatures above 30C and prefer cold weather.
6. Back when I was studying I almost quit my Engineering studies to pursuit a career in music (glad I didn’t).
7. I love collecting art (paintings in particular) and old, or as I prefer calling it, timeless objects.
Nominating is the tough bit. There are so many lovely blogs that I struggle to mention just a few. So I’m nominating all my fellow bloggers that had the patience to go through this post – feel free to have a go and let me know how you fared 😉